Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I've been singing again. I stopped singing regularly more than 10 years ago, mainly for two reasons. First, I hardly liked any particular song at that time, except for a few old russian folk songs, charmingly meaningless. Second, I had such a lovely voice or something, that when I did my best, I just couldn't help crying, which obviously pissed me off (fortunately I never did my best on public for metaphysical singing is quite a dirty thing for a 17 year old girl to do on public). Now I've been singing again, but it's more like technical singing - I'm trying to play theremin vox and sing simultaneously, which was pretty hard at first. It's like having two throats and two voices, but only one pair of ears. And it has nothing to do with playing Bach on the piano - you cannot listen to both, the only way is to think of intervals, not tones. Well, I hope that will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment